Sybrid is a leading Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company that provides technological solutions, software development & hosting services to clients across the world. They have over 2000 employees in their Karachi offices and have a large complex network setup. Sybrid’s network required improvement in its security across one of the data centers located in Islamabad and monitoring its network and assets from outside threats to improve its efficiency and security.
Concave FORT’s Cybersecurity Consultancy remained helpful to understand the requirement and propose a Secure Architecture Review based on industry best practices and FORT POST deployment, to evaluate the effectiveness of technical and operational security controls at LMKR. In addition, the secure architecture review and a Network Security review included the assessment of the current maturity of cyber hygiene using CIS Critical Security controls by understanding the business requirements, mapping with best practices, and evaluating building blocks of the Network Infrastructure. Moreover, the secure architecture review helped to assess the current maturity of Sybrid’s cyber hygiene using CIS Critical Security controls and reviewing the public-facing servers. The highlights include:
- Network Security Architecture Review
- Infrastructure Security Architecture Review
- Network Device Audit & Configuration Review
The outcome of the project indicated the risks associated with the security domains with an advisory to remediate and improve the resilience of the organization’s security posture, with strong recommendations. It benefitted Sybrid with:
- Network security awareness
- Assessment & mitigation of risk
- Strengthen the network security posture
- Guidance to meet the business requirements with security
- Security Audit & Configuration review of routers, switches, and firewalls according to security standards; monitor security measures in place within the network perimeter
- Ensuring security breaches do not occur and information is safeguarded from unauthorized users or intruders
- Network Security Compliance with security standards and regulations
Concave FORT worked with Sybrid to figure out a feasible IDS solution and set up FORTPost to monitor the INs & OUTs of Sybrid’s network. FORT experts assessed the current network designs for the right placement of the FORTPost to get the maximum visibility of the network. The successful deployment of FORTPost enabled to monitor of the critical assets for Sybrid under Concave FORT Managed SOC. Offenses were escalated to Sybrid’s incident response team to respond with the recommended actions. The reporting at the end of our engagements helped Sybrid strengthen its security posture, harden its network, and secure its web app. Our Managed SOC services are now continuously monitoring Sybrid’s network to provide them with security alerts 24×7.