Afiniti – A TRG Company (Formerly SATMAP inc.) is one of the world’s leading applied artificial intelligence solutions, which had its first commercial deployment in 2009. Since then, Afiniti has optimized over 450 million calls across four continents. Afiniti is the only contact center technology that optimizes call outcomes by pairing agents with callers in real-time based on behavior. Afiniti uses behavioral data to replace traditional First In, First Out (FIFO) call distribution, increasing the likelihood that callers and agents feel a natural rapport. Conversations where callers make a positive connection increase agent and customer satisfaction, leading to measurably higher conversion rates and increased revenue. Afiniti has a hosted Data Center at Zayo in Ashburn, Virginia US, at which the evaluation and mitigation of security risks was a compliance requirement.
Concave FORT’s Cybersecurity Consultancy remained helpful to understand the requirement and current design and propose a Secure Architecture Review with a new design with Low-level design – LLD, prepared Acceptance Testing (PAT), based on industry best practices, to evaluate the effectiveness of technical and operational security controls at Afiniti. In addition, the secure architecture review and a Network Security review included the assessment of the current maturity of Cyber hygiene using CIS Critical Security controls by understanding the business requirements, mapping with best practices, and evaluating building blocks of the Network Infrastructure. The highlights include:
- Network Security Architecture Review
- Infrastructure Security Architecture Review
- Network Device Audit & Configuration Review
The outcome of the project indicated the risks associated with the security domains with an advisory to re-mediate and improve the resilience of the organization’s security posture, with strong recommendations. Afiniti benefitted with:
- Developed security policies, procedures, guidelines, and baselines
- Plan for the implementation of network and security-related projects
- Identified problems and resolutions across multi-platform distributed network environment
- Security Audit & Configuration review of routers, switches, and firewalls according to security standards; monitor security measures in place within network perimeter, ensuring security breaches do not occur and information is safeguarded from unauthorized users, etc.
- Network Security Compliance
- Deployment of Network Security tools to protect enterprise networks from emerging threats
- Guidance to meet the business requirements along with Industry best practices and security standards as per the compliance requirements & regulations
The redesign based on the best practices and international standards improved the defensive posture of Afiniti’s Network Infrastructure.