LMKR, founded in 1994, is a technology provider of software and services for the oil and gas industry. The LMKR’s core competence is innovation around petroleum E&P data management, consultancy services, software solutions, and training. From the beginning, LMKR has been dedicated to providing high-quality services. LMKR provides mobile technology solutions and many more. Network security was a concern for their complex network infrastructure, connecting thousands of digital devices.
Concave FORT’s Cybersecurity Consultancy remained helpful to understand the requirement and propose a Secure Architecture Review and Redesign based on industry best practices, to evaluate the effectiveness of technical and operational security controls at LMKR. In addition, the secure architecture review and a Network Security review included the assessment of the current maturity of cyber hygiene using CIS Critical Security controls by understanding the business requirements, mapping with best practices and evaluating building blocks of the Network Infrastructure. The highlights include
- Network Security Architecture Review
- Infrastructure Security Architecture Review
- Network Device Audit & Configuration Review
The outcome of the project indicated the risks associated with the security domains with an advisory to re-mediate and improve the resilience of the organization’s security posture, with strong recommendations. LMKR benefitted with
- Network security awareness
- Assessment & mitigation of risk
- Strengthen the network security posture
- Guidance to meet the business requirements with security
- Security Audit & Configuration review of routers, switches, and firewalls according to security standards; monitor security measures in place within the network perimeter
- Ensuring security breaches do not occur and information is safeguarded from unauthorized users or intruders
- Network Security Compliance with security standards and regulations
The redesign based on the best practices and international standards improved the defensive posture of the LMKR’s Network Infrastructure.